Friday, August 8, 2008

School Time!

My sister, Gentry, wrote me a cute little back-to-school poem entitled "School Time!" No kidding, she really wrote me a poem. It was hilarious!! All about teacher sweaters, the other staff thinking I look young but how I need to hold my tongue, etc (I get angry when people say I look like a student!). It was great. I'm thinking of laminating it. If I typed it on here without her permission is that some sort of copyright infringement? We had an inservice on that...
As promised, the "after" pictures of my classroom. We're ready to go, good thing, since school is 4 days away!!!
I stood in the doorway and kind of pivoted around taking pics.



The cabinets in the front of the room...decided to cover them.

A shot of the front of the room. Red letters were bigger than I thought, it's kinda like I'm yelling MRS. KEELEY!!! at the class.

My little area up front.

Side wall

Back wall

Other side wall. Hard to see because of the glare. This wall is quite busy! It says Process Skills, The "how to" of everything you do!

Process skills are emphasized heavily in FACS curriculum. It's not about the final product of a cake or a purse or whatever anymore. It's about the skills used and developing the skills to make kids better wage earners, family members and citizens. :)

Process skills on the wall: Creativity, Management, Teamwork, Leadership, Critical thinking, Decision Making, Problem solving, & Goal Setting.

This is my class mascot. Isn't he welcoming? We will have a contest to name him the first week of school. (He cost $4 at Hobby Lobby).

WaRu Cheer Corner

Letters in the back of the room. They may be my favorite...

Another view of my desk area in the classroom. I also have a desk in the FACS office, but there's nothing in there now, I barely have enough stuff to fill one desk area!


I think I'm ready to roll! Getting the classroom ready was the easy part...the rest is taking some time. So many decisions to make in regards to class routines, procedures, discipline plan, LESSON PLANS, etc!!

The to-do list goes on and on! This will be an exciting journey...don't worry, I'll keep you posted. :)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Very cute, Jana! If I were a high-schooler you would TOTALLY be my favorite teacher.

mindy said...

It looks AWESOME! Don't be surpsrised if other teachers come to your door and stare. That is a compliment! :) Good job Mrs. Keeley.

Braxmeyers said...

Your room looks so good! You won't have to worry about what you say because there's enough stuff on the walls to keep them interested!

Trophy Wife said...

Beautiful! I love the parrot and the letters are super cute. It's obvious that you put tons of time in. And I think it's ok to yell Mrs. Keeley at them! :)

Anonymous said...

I keep checking your blog, thinking that you are going to tell us about your job! So, how did it go?!?