Monday, January 2, 2012

Home For the Holidays

There's no place like The Bend for the holidays. As long as our families are there, it will always seem like home. Each year I appreciate our wonderful families more and more. We had a great time relaxing, baking, playing games, staying up late, and just being together.

The Halls were Decked

Christmas Eve Dinner

Christmas Barbie took forever to get ready...when we saw her we realized why. She wasn't messing around this year.



It's time! This picture is hilarious.

Cade was in heaven...so many presents...


The Cowboys are loving being Cowboy parents.

Nine pairs of boots received this Christmas. I know, I know, horizontal stripes = big mistake.

Christmas Day Celebration at the Keeley's...mountains of presents

Christy peaking out from behind her pile

Some assembly was required this year...

Cade loves his new slippers

Lukas and Cade love their zoo animals from Grandpa Mike

Christy's Masterpiece

Christmas Dinner Table

Playing with the loot


Two for the price of one!

Cade and I spent about 10 days in The Bend. Don't worry. We took several "field trips" to keep ourselves entertained. And everyone got in on the fun!

Aunt Kizzie

Aunt Gentry


Our next field trip was to the movie theater. Cade has never been to a movie before so this was more of an experiment. We were prepared for this to be a difficult mission. We took two cars and were armed with loads of snacks. Cade saw about an hour and 10 minutes of the Chipmunk movie before he asked to go home. He just didn't want to sit anymore.

Even though we didn't make it to the end, I considered this a successful mission. But it will probably be awhile before we attempt an encore performance.

Cade loves his Papa. They really bonded during our time in The Bend between their wagon rides...

Being card partners on game night...


And being red necks together. Both of Cade's grandpas are trying to get him into hunting...reminder...he's one and a half!

Last but not least...our exotic New Year's Eve...at the Tabor Tournament in Hillsboro

We got home just in time to drink some sparkling grape juice and have some homemade mac and cheese as we rung in the New Year. We let Cade stay up til one. We're such pushovers.

All good things must come to an end. The best Christmas break ever comes to a close. The house is clean, the laundry is done, back to work I must go. Our Christmas decorations are still up, however. I'm waiting for MLK day off from school to tackle that one. Heck, to go to that much work you might as well leave them up as long as possible! My favorite Christmas decor this year? Our impromtu corner cabinet of Christmas cards. I LOVE getting Christmas cards.

If you've made it this far into this crazy long post, you must be a great friend. Or related to me. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and got to spend it with family and friends. And remember, Jesus is the reason for the season!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!! Oh, and you look adorable!

Anonymous said...

Awwww....actually clicked on your FB post to see how cute you were preggers again! And couldn't help but check out a few of your other blogs to get a little Cade fix...gosh he sure is growing up...what a handsome little guy! He was always so sweet and it sounds like he is still just as sweet! I see our Christmas card! :) hope all is well with you guys...one of these days I hope to get Jordan and Cade together...can't wait to see pics of that sweet baby girl...I remember how hard it was for me to envision a girl Jordan when I was preggers with Taylor. :) take care of yourself and give Matt and Cade a big hug and hello for me. :)

Jessica