Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pre-Christmas Festivities: 2014

The Christmas season comes with its own whole set of "pre-Christmas" festivities--programs, parties, Santa visits, etc.  All great reasons for the kids to sport their Christmas outfits.  I just love Christmas outfits.

We dined at Five Guys before heading out to Cade's Christmas Program.  

Cade is in the middle-right of this photo, donning his dapper sweater vest.

Cade held strong and didn't participate in a single action with the other children while singing.  He did sing some, and turned around to visit with those around him some.  Looks like the show choir is NOT in his future.  It was still a cute little program and I'll claim him as mine any day, actions or not.


I popped in on Cade's class Christmas party.  As I've said before, I love getting to visit his school and wish my schedule allowed it more often.

They played some games and did a craft.

Pretty cute!  We enjoyed a little date to McDonald's afterward.  Cade's pick.

For our "J & D December outing" we went to the K-State game at the Sprint Center and even invited our hubbies to join us as well.  Forget about a pic of us, I was trying to get a pic of Willie the Wildcat.  For a friend.

We weren't able to make it to Crown Center on a week night (which is the best time to go) so we went first thing on a Sunday which wasn't too shabby.  Great company makes a big difference!  We love our tradition of always going to Crown Center with the Heine's.  We  had brunch at the restaurant in the new HyVee--which sounds weird--but the HyVees around here are pretty swanky.  And, best part, kids under 5 eat brunch for FREE.  Our party happened to have four under the age of 5.  Score!








A photo this sweet is worth the wait!

After visiting Santa we hit the road to head to the Bend.  Let the Christmas Extravaganza roll on!
Previous Santa visits: 2013, 2012, 2011

No comments: